Testa River Sikkim tour and travel packages
Sikkim Monastery Tour from Kolkatafrom
Sikkim Darjeeling Pemayangtse Kalimpong Tour from Kolkata
Gangtok Darjeeling Pemayangtse Kalimpong Tour from Kolkata Includes Daily Breakfast and Dinner, Best of Tibetan, Nepali and Lepcha Cuisine, Luxury Hotels, Private Vehicle. Explore the beautiful Sikkim at the most affordable prices. Luxury Package for Min. of 5 Persons, Starting from Kolkata International Airport.
Sikkim Monastery Tour covers Gangtok, Bagdogra, Darjeeling, Pemayangtse and Kolkata.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday TypeChildren Friendly, Culture, Guided Tours, Private Tours
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Medium Group
GENERAL INFO ABOUT SIKKIM
Sikkim, a state lying in the northeastern part of India, is one of the more physically accessible sections of the Himalaya. Within four days from Calcutta in the Indian state of West Bengal, the traveler can be among some of the loftiest mountains in the world. In the olden days, this region was known as Basyul — the hidden land. Sikkim forms part of the Eastern Himalayas which, among other features, is known for the heavy rain it receives compared with the western Himalayas.
Sikkim is surrounded by Nepal to the west, Tibet (China) to the north, Bhutan to the west and the Indian state of West Bengal to the south. It has considerable importance due to its strategic location. While in the early years and even till about the middle of the 20th century Sikkim remained a favorite among trekkers, explorers and mountaineers on short holidays, from the 1950s the region began to come under geographical restrictions.
The restrictions mainly affected foreigners. But gradually, with developments like the deterioration of Indo-Chinese relations, the flight of the Dalai Lama, and the Indo-Sikkimese Treaty by which the defence of Sikkim fell to India, permission even to Indian nationals became restricted in certain areas, especially around the border passes into Tibet. Visitors to the area and mountaineering expeditions had to spend considerable amounts of time to obtain permits beyond the Inner Line, and mountaineering activity in the region became restricted to teams from the Indian Armed Forces. Around 1961, all but the small area of Western Sikkim was closed to everyone except army personnel.
Highlights of Trip
- Meditate at a Monastery in Gangtok or Pelling
- Visit to the Chinese Border (Access Required from Authorities)
- Get a chance to Ride a Yak at a Lake
- Visit Tharpa Choeling monastery at Tripai
- Visit 200 years old monastery of Enchey.
- Visit the Nathula pass, situated in the Himalayas, associates India with Tibet (Permit Required)
- Witness the Pemayangtse (The perfect Sublime Lotus).
- Experience the Tsomgo Lake which is situated at an elevation of 3753 meters / 12310 feet.
- Stroll around the Makrket lanes of MG road, Gangtok.
- Experience The Charm of Oldest monasteries of Sikkim
- Visit the Rumtek is the headquarter of Red hat sect of tibetan lamaistic Buddhism.
- Stay and Dine at Finest Luxury Hotels.
- Enjoy the Best of Tibetan, Nepali and Lepcha Cuisine
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Meals as per package Daily Breakfast and Dinner.
- Breakfast and Dinner on Day 01 is not Included.
- Onward and return flights from Kolkata and Bagdogra.
- Accommodation in Twin or Triple Sharing Basis at respective hotels.
- Tour Registration or Permits, if required by local authorities.
- Neat, clean and hygienic accommodation on sharing basis.
- Traveller / Coach / Bus / Cab for sightseeing and excursions as per our itinerary.
- Driver allowance, taxes and parking.
- English Understandable Driver.
- Transportation fare, Tolls, State Taxes, Entries etc.
- Staying accommodation in Hotels, Camps, Resorts and Guest Houses.
- Sightseeing and travel by comfortable A/C Tempo Travellers or Mini Buses or big buses with chauffeur depending on the respective tour group size
- The Aircon (AC) of vehicle will not be operated during Hills Drive.
- All applicable Taxes.
- Airport Transfers.
- All Major Sightseeing as per itinerary.
- Guide and Entrance fees during Sightseeing.
- Extra stay or Additional Stay due to any reason.
- Donations at Temples
- Porter and Camera charges.
- Helicopter, Horse, boat, Shikara, Elephant, Camel or any other Rides.
- Extra transportation fare.
- Any meals other than those specified in including list.
- Any Exigency Expenses Due to Reasons beyond Our Normal control any Other Item Not Specified Above
- Personal Equipment like Clothes, Shoes, Daypacks, Personal Medical Kit Etc.
- Any En-Route or Personal Expenses Such as Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Telephone Calls, Tips & Gratuities, Laundry Etc.
- Travel Insurance Covering Medical Evacuation, Hospitalisation, Air Evacuation, Baggage Insurance and Trip Cancellation and any Train Fare/ Airfare to/ From Anywhere.
- Any other item not specified in ‘Tour cost includes’
Around midnight arrival at Kolkata International Airport and meet by an Unlimited India representative and drive to hotel for an overnight stay. Overnight at Hotel.
Kolkata - Bagdogra (By Flight) - Darjeeling by Road
Late morning flight from Kolkata to Bagdogra. After the arrival in Bagdogra we proceed north of the state through the coniferous forests and terraced tea gardens and arrive in Darjeeling (Darjeeling). Darjeeling (place of the thunderbolt) have spectacular scenery. Due to its altitude of 2134m and soothing temperature in Summer Darjeeling has become a famous hill resort in India. By clear weather we can enjoy the impressive/ unforgettable views of Himalayas.
Darjeeling - Pemayangtse (about 95 km)
Morning after breakfast we leave the state West Bengal and enter into Sikkim. Sikkim is the 2nd smallest state in India. Sikkim, in the East Himalayas is sandwiched between Nepal to its West and Bhutan to the East. In the North is Tibet/China. Sikkim has so rich of flora, fauna and a diverse ethnic and cultural population as no other state in India. We drive through the forests and tea gardens and proceed to our today’s destination Pemayangtse (The perfect Sublime Lotus). We visit the headquarter of the Nyingama sect in Pemmayangtse. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
Pemayangtse - Gangtok (about 140 km)
The capital of Sikkim ‘Gangtok’ lies on a ridge overlooking the Ranipool river. Gangtok (”High Hill”) lies at an altitude of 1760 m. Gangtok is surrounded by the mountains, especially from Kangchendzonga range. We visit Tsuk-la-Khang, the royal chapel which is standing on a high bridge. This is the major place of worship and has a large and impressive collection of scriptures. We also visit the institute of cottage industries which is an attraction as a wide range of local handicrafts in Lepcha style are produced here.
Gangtok: Enchey monastery excursion
Today we drive to the monastery of Enchey. This monastery is believed to be 200 years old. The monks of this monastery belong to the Mahayana Buddhism. After the visit of Enchey monastery we proceed to Martham Village-Resort, where we have afternoon at leisure. Here one can have nice walks or have a ride on the local horses of this area.
Gangtok to Rumtek monastery Excursion
Today after morning breakfast we visit the unique Research Institute of Tibetology on a hilltop which was established in 1958 to promote research on Tibet and Mahayana Buddhism.Here we will see the biggest collection of tibetan scripts and an excellent collection of rare Tankhas, bronze and cult objects. We also visit orchid Sanctuary which is laying south of the institute. This Sanctuary contains over 450 indigenous species. Sikkim is considered paradise for orchid lovers. After the visit of sanctuary we walk through the bazaar of Gangtok through the area of old palace and visit the monastery Gylwa. The main attraction of our excursion remains today the monastery of Rumtek. Rumtek monastery was built as a true copy of a tibetan monastery in recent years. Rumtek is the headquarter of Red hat sect of tibetan lamaistic Buddhism.
Gangtok - Kalimpong (about 80 km)
We drive today through the south of Sikkim from Gangtok to Kalimpong. Kalimpong, a remote hill station has been a meeting point of the once ”three closed lands” on the trade route to Tibet. The beautiful mountain scenery and the abundance of flowers have made Kalimpong an attractive resort. The lifestyle of the local people reflect the social and religious influences of its neighbouring nations, Nepal, Tibet and Bhutan.We visit the monastery Tharpa Choeling at Tripai which houses a library of tibetan manuscripts and Tankhas. It belongs to the yellow Hat sect. We drive up to Darpin Dara, the highest point in Kalimpong with superb views over the plains.
Kalimpong - Bagdogra - Kolkata (about 80 km)(by air)
We drive through the Tista Valley and drive to Bagdogra. In the afternoon flight from Bagdogra to Kolkata. The rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Kolkata hotel.
Glory of East India:: Day 09. Kolkata
This morning is at leisure. Afternoon sightseeing in Kolkata. The rest of the day at leisure. After Dinner we leave the hotel for the Airport.
Leaving the Memories
Morning after breakfast proceed to the Kolkata International Airport to Board your flight for your home destination with cheerful memories of your holiday.
Trip Ends with Sweet Memories.
Darjeeling Sikkim tours by Unlimited India
All The property during this tour will be a true embodiment of tranquility and peace. In Rishikesh, the stay can be provided at resort surrounded by exotic floras, and a variety of faunas, one will find the true form of nature here.
Food in hotels will be served in the form of a buffet in accordance with the guest`s preference. Pamper yourself with drinks by the pool, extraordinary massage services, and special diet menus for the ones with extra health consciousness.
Yes, this tour is customizable and can be customized before finalization of bookings. Our sales team will coordinate with you at the time of booking.
Yes, You can carry alcohol during this trip, also you can enjoy your drinks while sitting beside the pool, or you can enjoy the bar of Heritage hotels while you stay.
yes, our all the drivers are very trained for hilly drive and you’ll enjoy your trip safely and comfortably.